Volunteer incentive program starting January 1, 2019
NACSW™ will be rewarding frequent volunteers with a double draw for every 7 full days of volunteer time at NACSW™ ORT and trials in the calendar year January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019. While we greatly appreciate all volunteers who donate their time, this program is designed to reward those who volunteer on a regular basis.
The volunteer log form is available HERE.
Here are the details of the program:
1. A double draw means that you get two chances in the random draw for a trial. This is not a guarantee that you will receive a space in the trial, but it does double your odds.
2. Once you have accumulated 7 volunteer days, you may submit your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. It can take 4 weeks to process your submission. All 2019 double draw submissions must be emailed to us by January 31, 2020.
3. Once your double draw has been processed, you will send an email to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the opening of the trial you would like to use it for. Provide the trial date, trial city, state and level, as well as your NACSW member number and your dog's name and NACSW number when redeeming a double draw.
4. Please note as per the timeline in item 2 and 3, you need to start the submission process at least 6 weeks prior to the trial entry open date.
5. Double draws do not expire.
6. Only one double draw can be used per trial.
7. Volunteer hours will be accrued in ½ and full day increments. ½ day volunteer is a minimum of three hours and up to six hours. Full day is six hours or more.
8. All non-compensated volunteer roles (i.e. gate stewards, volunteer coordinator, box setter, timer, etc) at the ORT/trial will receive the same credit, no matter what they are. We value that you are giving up your day to help make the trial happen!
9. Volunteer days are only earned for work done on ORT/trial days, not pre or post trial days.
10. We will only recognize volunteer days at official NACSW™ ORTs/trials.
11. Multiple double draws may be accumulated during the calendar year. One for each 7 days of volunteering.
12. You may not carry over “unused” volunteer days from one calendar year to the next when accumulating your 7 days.
13. If you bring a family member or friend to volunteer for a trial, that person may assign their volunteer time to you if they are not a NACSW member OR if they are an inactive member. An inactive member is someone who has not handled a dog at a NACSW ORT/trial or entered a NACSW trial within the past 18 months.
14. Volunteers will be accepted at the host’s discretion depending on need.
15. Officials and vendors (including video service vendors) are not eligible for volunteer credits.
16. ORT hosts who are not officiating are eligible for volunteer day credits.
17. Hosts/Volunteer coordinators will sign and verify information on the volunteer forms presented to them by volunteers at their trials. They are not obligated to sign forms after the completion of the trial weekend.
18. Hosts/Volunteer coordinators will submit their volunteer check-in sheets to NACSW at firstname.lastname@example.org within one week after their trial.
19. All NACSW hosts must participate in the program.
Questions can be sent to: email@example.com
Piru Petroleum Club
K9 Nose Work® NW2, L2C and L3C Trials
November 2-3, 2019
Pink Biscuit K9s